Best DVD Ripper Software (Mac & Win)
These days many use a DVD ripping software to help them enjoy watching their movie DVDs on any media device such as tablets, smartphones, game consoles, TVs, etc. without them needing to put a disc in a DVD player.
The main task done by these products are converting the DVD data to some other digital formats so that it could be played everywhere and on every compatible device. They could also be used to back up archived discs on hard drive or other storage devices. Audio extraction is another important feature which many of these products are providing to their users.
In this article we’ve gathered some of the top selections in this category so that users could better understand different features provided by these applications.
Although the main option which should be provided by ripping applications is, well, ripping, but most top software in this category offer extra features such as editing, conversion, and so on. For some people these additional tools might seem useless, but the fact is that even those individuals may face a situation in which using one program to do the necessary tasks related to DVD and movies help a lot.
So be sure to consider these factors for a better DVD software comparison:
- Ripping options: the main part of a DVD ripper which should yield a high quality video file based on the user defined settings. The speed of the program is also important, as well as the interface of the software being intuitive and easy-to-use.
- Conversion tools: many popular applications in this category offer a wide range of options for compatible devices and file types. Because of the so many available file formats and media devices, users should be able to find the right choice.
- Video editing features: these editing tools are especially important for those advanced users trying to enhance or edit their videos before they rip them. Options include adding watermarks or subtitles, crop, trim, frame rate adjustment, etc.
- Support and help: the company which is releasing the software should support and educate customers which need these services in order to make use of the application. FAQs, video tutorials, email ticker support and live chat are common ways to answer users’ issues.
– WinX DVD Ripper (Windows, Mac)
Our top choice is the software by WinX (Digiarty Software), which easily help users rip DVD ISO or DVD to whatever format they like (such as FLV, MOV, MP4, AVI, MPEG, etc.) and for whatever device (including iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire, Google Nexus, Apple TV, PSP, Android devices, and so on).
The features include encryption tools, multi-core CPU support, audio & video settings, hyper-threading support, and more.
Free versions of the software are available for both Mac and Windows systems. Of course to take benefit of full functionalities of the software users should pay: $29.95 for the Windows version of WinX ripper and $35.95 for the Mac edition.
– Aimersoft DVD Ripper (Windows, Mac)
As one of the top products of Aimersoft, this powerful ripping program boasts features such as capturing snapshots, extracting audio, built-in video editing tool, high speed conversion, supporting different DVDs, etc.
Buying Aimersoft software would cost around $40. That’s for both Windows and Mac versions. Users could also try the application by downloading and installing the free trial versions.
– Magic DVD Ripper (Windows, Mac)
The great option for those wanting to back up their movie DVDs and play them using computer or other media devices. The program comes with tools and utilities for DVD compression, copying to hard drive, splitting DVDs, removing DVD restrictions, DVD to VCD conversion, etc.
Unfortunately, Magic ripper tool don’t provide any tool for editing video files. So anyone who cares a lot about this feature should consider other items in this list.
Magic DVD application is compatible with Windows and Mac systems. Users should pay about $50 to buy and download it on either operating systems. Free and limited versions are also available.
– Xilisoft DVD to Video Ultimate (Windows, Mac)
The Xilisoft DVD program does the main job of home DVD conversion to different media formats and for various devices. It is equipped with ATI APP & NVIDIA CUDA technology for fast conversions. As claimed by the Xilisoft website, the software could not be used to convert/rip copyrighted DVDs.
To download and install Xilisoft DVD to Video Ultimate on Windows users should pay $41.97 (discounted price), whereas this price is $38.97 for the Mac version.
– CloneDVD DVD Ripper (Windows)
The last item on our list is one of the CloneDVD products which claims to have the ability to remove almost all region locks and protections. Adjustable settings are offered to users in a user-friendly interface.
This CloneDVD software only supports Windows powered computers. The full version of the software costs $39.