How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
Although many users might panic when their iPhone gets stuck in recovery mode, but the good news is that there are simple solutions which could be used to fix this issue. Some of these methods are presented in this tutorial.
Method 1 – iPhone force restart
Before going any further let us say that although this method is the simplest one, but doesn’t work for all users. But giving it a try is very effective since so little effort and time this solution needs.
For a few seconds, press home and power button at the same time. This should be done until the screen shows the Apple logo. If this is done successfully, with no data loss the iPhone is out of recovery mode. Enjoy it!
Method 2 – using Wondershare Dr.Fone
Wondershare Dr. Fone is one of the best programs on the market for iOS system recovery. The software, which is compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 and Windows 10, has so many features. These include repairing most system issues of iOS like looping on start, back screen, white Apple logo, etc.
Here are the easy steps to fix the iPhone which is stuck in recovery mode:
- After downloading and installing the application on PC or Mac, use the USB to connect the device to the system. Next, launch Dr. Fone program. After that, from the options presented on the leftbar screen, choose ‘More Tools’.
- On the above window, select the ‘iOS System Recovery’ option. After doing that, a screen similar to the below picture will be shown.
- To start the system recovery process, click on the button ‘Start’.
- Download the firmware for the iPhone, after the device detection by the application and confirming it. The phone would be prepared to be fixed from the recovery mode after the download is completed.
Please keep in mind that Dr. Fone software could be used to solve the issues for other iOS devices such as iPod Touch and iPad.
Method 3 – using iTunes
Apple iTunes could be used to restore the iPhone (with backup files). Also, factory setting is another solution which gets the iOS device out of recovery mode.
But the important point in this method is that it comes with ‘data loss’. It means all phone’s data (including files, pictures, contacts, videos, notes, etc.) will be deleted and the device would be as the day coming from factory – hence ‘factory setting’.
If that’s not a problem – for instance, for users having backups in iCloud or using any other backup solution – follow the steps below to execute the process:
- Using USB cable, the iPhone should be connected to the computer. Then launch the iTunes application.
- The program detects the device and will show a message about the smartphone being in recovery mode.
- Click on the ‘restore’ button on the screen to restore the Apple cellphone.
Again, we strongly recommend users to use the method 2. That’s because using that method, all data on the phone would be protected while repairing the recovery mode issue.
What causes the recovery mode problem anyway?
Many software or hardware issues might be the reason why an iPhone get stuck in recovery mode. Here are some of them:
- Getting the latest iOS update – sometimes before the update is finished completely some issues might occur, which cause the unresponsive situation.
- Sometimes things go wrong to some extent that the device goes into recovery mode because of unsuccessful jailbreaking or other defective apps.
- There are cases which getting out of this mode is impossible not because the device automatically put itself into it. The user did that in order to fix some issue but the device got stuck in it.
- The most common issue among hardware causes which make the device get stuck and give an error message in this mode is water spillage on the iPhone.
But don’t worry, since all above reasons are very common and everyday lots of users experience these.
And the good news is that most of the times, the issue could easily be solved using the methods discussed in this tutorial.