How to Crop Videos (+Video Cropper Apps)
Cropping videos could be done in order to remove the unnecessary areas or extra borders from the videos. Different video tools and software could be used for video editing. Continue to read this article to learn how to crop video on PC, Mac, iPhone or Android using video cropper apps and software.
Filmora Wondershare (Mac OS X, Windows)
Filmora Wondershare is a powerful video editing tool with lots of great options and features. These include trim, zoom, rotate and more. We focus on the ‘crop’ functionality here. Let’s say we want to crop a video from iPhone.
Follow these steps to do the task:
- Import the videos – after installing the Filmora video editor on the system, launch the program. Loading video files in the software could be done in two simple ways: drag and drop video files directly to the application, or hitting on the button labeled ‘Import’ to open video files (created by iPhone, iPad, etc.) to crop.
- Cropping – now the imported video files could be seen in the ‘User’s Album’ section. From there, these videos could be dragged to the timeline in the bottom of the editor’s interface. To find the needed button, first double-click the target file. Then, next to the return button and in the screen’s middle part, the ‘Crop’ button is displayed. The crop window will be shown after clicking the button. Then, it is very easy to crop the video based on two preview windows displaying the original video and the output video after effect. Also, Filmora enables users to select the required aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9) from the options.
- Save & export – After applying the effect, the result could be saved by clicking on the button ‘Create’. Different video formats could be selected to export the video. These options could be found in the ‘Format’ tab. Also the ‘Device’ tab offers the option to choose a specific device such as iPad, iPhone, iPod, Zune, etc. to export the final video for.
The program also makes it possible to create a DVD disk or upload & share the video on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Video cropper apps
In case, an app is needed for cropping videos on the mobile device, the following video cropper apps could be downloaded and used:
Video Editor (Android)
The ‘Video Editor’ app which is made by Zenterian, is a powerful tool for Android to make, edit, and share videos with family and friends. The app includes various video editing features including trim and crop.
Some of the other options include:
- Saving videos privately
- Unique duet function which allows for worldwide collaboration with people and friends
- Beautiful video backgrounds
- Adding text (with the option to choose the font)
- Emoji sticker
- Blur border
The app could be freely downloaded from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zentertain.videoeditor
Another great video editing app for android with lots of great editing features including the option to crop videos on Android.
Below features could also be found within AndroVid app:
- Video to MP3 conversion
- Adding text to videos
- Video rotate
- Slideshow maker
- Video conversion tool: supporting formats such as VOB, WMV, MGP, MOV, MP4, FLV, AVI and 3GP
- Video joiner and trimmer
Download the app for free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androvid
Video Crop (iPhone)
This app is created to draw the attention of the viewers to the main elements of the video by allowing users to remove the video’s unwanted areas – or crop.
As of export settings, users could select between three different qualities: low, medium and highest. And files types could be chosen from either QuickTime or MPEG-4.
Please remember that this iPhone video app don’t produce any watermarks on the videos.
Download the app for free: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/video-crop-remove-unwanted/id819074891?mt=8
Crop Your Videos (iPhone)
As a great photo and video tool, this great iOS app is made by i4software, with common video editing options such as trim, rotate, zoom and crop. Different aspect ratios and resolutions are supported by this app.
Other features are as below:
- Crop aspect ratio lock
- Background processing
- Setting background colors
- Live preview while cropping (video playback)
This app is priced $4.99 on Apple iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crop-your-videos-rotate-trim/id764962886?mt=8