How to Retrieve Deleted Voicemails (iPhone & Android)
Users choose from many ways to retrieve iPhone or Android deleted voicemail messages. Here we present a few methods for voicemail recovery from iOS devices such as iPhone or iPad and also Android cell phones or tablets.
Based on the device (Android or iOS powered) there are some methods used to get back deleted messages:
One of the best techniques to recover deleted voicemails from iPhone (as well as iPod Touch and iPad) is to use an application called Dr. Fone by Wondershare (which was previously reviewed on Techalook). This powerful program enables users to get back voicemails through 3 ways: from the device directly, from iCloud backup files or from iTunes backups.
To download Dr.Fone recovery program, select ‘Dr.Fone for Android’ or ‘Dr.Fone for iOS’ (depending on the cell phone/tablet) from ‘Products’ menu after going to the Wondershare website: DOWNLOAD
Method 1: Scanning iPhone/iPad directly
This method includes three simple steps:
- Step 1 – launch the program from the computer and connect the iPhone to the system. Next, a window similar to the one below will be displayed. Before hitting the ‘Start Scan’ button, be sure to check the ‘Voicemail’ option. (Although the program could be used to scan for all types of data shown there such as text messages, notes, contacts, call history, photos, videos, etc.)
- Step 2 – in this step which the program scans the device for deleted data, users don’t need to do anything. Just waiting is enough! Also in all these steps, especially this one the iPhone should be connected well to the computer. Otherwise, the scanning process won’t be completed.
- Step 3 – all the found data which have been selected in step 1 will be displayed after the scanning completion. Here we just focus on voicemails so if other data types exist as well, users could just select it from the left side. Of course, unchecking other items might be a good idea if only voicemails should be recovered. Then, in order for the program to save all the voicemails in laptop or desktop computer, the ‘Recover to Computer’ button should be clicked.
Method 2: iCloud backup extraction
Please note that this option will only work in case the phone or tablet has been previously synced with the iCloud account.
- Step 1 – in this method after running the Dr.Fone application, the ‘Recover from iCloud Backup File’ should be selected. iCloud account ID and password should be entered in a window such as below. Users could be sure that the program is completely secure and safe. So there is no need to worry about typing in their Apple account information.
- Step 2 – here one of the many backup files which will be shown should be selected. The ‘Download’ button of the item should appear when mouse is moved to the ‘State’ column of the item. Click the button and wait until completion.
- Step 3 – backup file extraction could be done after the download is completed. The content in the iCloud backup could be previewed while it is extracting.
- Step 4 – if all above steps are done perfectly, the ‘Voicemail’ category will have the recovered data. To retrieve the messages and save them on the system, just click the button ‘Recover to Computer’.
Method 3: iTunes backup extraction
This is the last way to retrieve iPhone voicemails. But it is only possible to use it if the iPhone iTunes sync has been done before. This works for all iPhone models including iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, etc.
- Step 1 – on the left side of the window select ‘Recover from iTunes Backup File’ option, after launching the program from the system. iOS device connection to the computer is not necessary in this method. Click the button ‘Start Scan’ after choosing the iTunes backup file from the list.
- Step 2 – all the backup file content such as voicemail messages could be viewed after the scan is done completely. Just like before proceed with the ‘Recover to Computer’ after selecting the desired items on the window.
Since the voicemails are saved by the service provide (such as Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T), the only way to get them back for Android devices is contacting them and asking them to undelete the data.
For example, the support center on AT&T gives some instructions in case during a voicemail call a message got deleted accidentally. For more detailed information check out their website.