How to Record a Zoom Meeting
Recording a Zoom meeting can be helpful for people who were not able to attend the live meeting. It is also good for referencing it in the future.
Zoom video conferencing tool allows you to record the Zoom meeting when it is in progress.
If you are the host, you can record the Zoom meeting and share it with attendees who may have joined the meeting but were not able to attend it. However, if you are a participant, you will have to get permission from the host to record the meeting.
If you want to record a Zoom meeting, this guide will be helpful for you. In this article, we will discuss how to record a Zoom meeting as a host, and as a participant, as well as give you an alternative solution to record a Zoom meeting without the permission of the host.
You could try out the software here: https://recorder.easeus.com
Can you record a Zoom meeting?
Yes! Both free and paid Zoom users can record a Zoom meeting with the help of an in-built Zoom video conferencing tool. But there are some limitations for free users.
For example, you can’t record a Zoom meeting on your phone and the recording is stored locally. However, you don’t have to worry; there are third-party screen recorders such as EaseUs which you can use to record a Zoom meeting.
Can you record a zoom meeting as a participant?
If you are a participant, you will have to get permission from the host. The host will have to go to the ‘manage participants’ option and find the name of the participant, tap “more” and choose “allow record” from the drop-down menu.
How to Record a Zoom Meeting as a host
One of the easiest ways to record a Zoom meeting is by recording the meeting as a host. It is because the host has more access to the meeting settings. It is recommended to inform all the participants that they are being recorded, as it is believed to be a common courtesy.
Here is how to record a Zoom meeting as a host:
- Start the Zoom meeting on your computer and click on the start recording button at the bottom of the Zoom screen. It will start recording your Zoom meeting.
- You will see various recording options at the bottom of the screen where you can stop or pause the recording. You will see a recording button in the upper left corner of the Zoom screen indicating that the recording is ongoing. You can check it periodically to ensure that your recording is in progress.
- When you are done recording, click the stop recording button at the bottom of the Zoom meeting screen.
- Now end the Zoom meeting and your recording will be processed and automatically open up in the folder where you saved it.
How to record a zoom meeting as a participant
You can record a Zoom meeting if you are a participant. There are two options for recording a Zoom meeting as a participant:
- The first option is to ask for permission from the host to record the Zoom meeting. There are a few steps involved in providing permission to the participant for recording the meeting.
- The other way is to use third-party software to record the Zoom meeting if you can’t get permission from the host. If possible, you should let others know that you are recording them as it is considered the most ethical way to record others.
Continue reading the article to learn about recording a Zoom meeting using third-party software. EaseUs is a great tool for recording the Zoom meeting without the permission of the host.
How to record a Zoom meeting without host permission
If you want to record a Zoom meeting without the host’s permission, you can use EaseUs RecExperts. It enables both free and paid users, host and none host to record the Zoom meeting in a few clicks.
- Download EaseUs and install it. Open the recorder and join the Zoom meeting in the Zoom app. From the Zoom recorder, select the recording area.
- Now set the output quality, format, frame rate, and other settings to record the Zoom meeting. Click on settings from the recorder screen to apply options.
- Enable the “system sound” option if you want to record audio from the Zoom meeting.
- When you are done recording, hit the red square button to end the recording.
- Once your recorded video is saved, you can find it in the “recordings” option on the recorder interface. Here, you can view, trim, or rename your recorded Zoom meeting video. You can also find where the recorded Zoom meeting video is saved by clicking on the “open the file location” option.
If you want to refer back to the Zoom meeting content, the best way is to record the Zoom meeting. You can access this feature if you are the host of the Zoom meeting and will need the permission of the host if you are a participant and want to access this feature.
However, you can get a tool that is specialized in recording videos. EaseUs is the best alternative to record a Zoom meeting if you are not the host and can’t get permission from the host. It is easy to record a Zoom meeting with EaseUs.