Sweatcoin Review (2023): A Legit App Paying You to Walk?
Is it possible to get healthier by doing exercise and walking, and get paid as well? That’s the promise of the Sweatcoin, which is a fitness and health app with a rewarding system included.
This innovative app has managed to combine physical activity with cryptocurrency, providing users with incentives to get moving.
In this review, we’ll take a closer look at Sweatcoin, exploring its features, benefits, and potential drawbacks.
What is Sweatcoin?
As you could’ve guessed by looking at the name ‘Sweatcoin’ which includes ‘sweat’ and ‘coin’, it’s an app which somehow turns sweat into coins.
In other words, the app pays users to walk and exercise.
More precisely though, the app doesn’t offer users a cryptocurrency as a reward, at least not yet, but some kind of rewarding currency which could be redeemed to goods and services.
How the app works?
The Sweatcoin app is a legitimate and safe way to motivate yourself to become more active while earning digital rewards. It works by tracking your outdoor steps and converting them into Sweatcoins, which can be redeemed for various rewards.
It’s important to note that currently, only outside walking could be measured by the app and is rewarded. That’s because the app uses GPS navigation to count the steps.
Sweatcoin tracks each of the outdoor steps, provided that you don’t close the app on your phone.
The app uses your smartphone’s accelerometer and GPS to track your outdoor steps accurately. It distinguishes between indoor and outdoor steps to prevent fraudulent activity.
For every 1,000 outdoor steps you take, the app rewards you with 0.95 Sweatcoins. This conversion rate may vary based on your subscription level and daily limits.
How does Sweatcoin pay users?
Sweatcoin offers a diverse rewards marketplace where you can redeem your Sweatcoins.
The rewards range from fitness gear and subscriptions to gadgets and even cash. You can find something suitable for your interests and fitness goals.
The app uses a straightforward system to pay its users for their physical activity:
- Step Tracking: Sweatcoin tracks your steps using your smartphone’s built-in accelerometer and GPS. It specifically counts outdoor steps to ensure accuracy and prevent fraudulent activity.
- Sweatcoins Conversion: For every 1,000 outdoor steps you take, you earn 0.95 Sweatcoins. This conversion rate can vary depending on factors like your subscription level and daily limits.
- Rewards Marketplace: The Sweatcoin app features a marketplace where you can redeem your Sweatcoins for a variety of rewards. These rewards encompass fitness gear, digital subscriptions, gadgets, and even cash. Users can choose from a wide range of options that align with their interests and fitness goals.
- Subscription Tiers: Sweatcoin offers several subscription tiers, including a free version and paid options like “Shaker” and “Quaker.” These subscriptions determine your daily earning limit and provide access to additional features.
It’s essential to note that Sweatcoin primarily focuses on outdoor steps and may not include indoor activities in its rewards program.
Sweatcoin app features
More features and options come with the app including:
The team behind Sweatcoin app is working on social aspects of the app, bringing competitions, leaderboards, achievements and so on to the users who want to share their common goals among friends and family.
For users who care about donations and charities there is a solution in the app as well. You could help charities by donating the coins you earn through the app. This way, the NGOs will receive fiat currencies by the company as a result of your coins donations.
This is the place where you could find different discounts, prizes and offers some of which are exclusive to the app users. In other words, it’s where you could spend your coins on experiences, services and goods provided by the app partners.
Alternatively, users could exchange their Sweatcoins with whoever they like, such as family and friends.
Your steps are counted by the pedometer of the app, which is one of its main functionalities. It also acts as a pacer and distance tracker as well, using minimum phone battery. That’s because the app could be running in the phone background.
Other Sweatcoin main features include:
- Step Tracking: as mentioned before, the app tracks your steps using your smartphone’s built-in accelerometer and GPS. It’s important to note that the app only counts outdoor steps to prevent cheating.
- Currency conversion: Sweatcoins are earned based on the number of steps taken, with one step equal to 0.95 Sweatcoins. This conversion rate is influenced by factors such as your subscription level and daily limits.
- Rewards marketplace: The app has a marketplace where you can exchange your Sweatcoins for various rewards, ranging from digital subscriptions to fitness equipment, and even offers for local businesses.
- Subscription tiers: It offers several subscription tiers, including a free version and paid options like Shaker and Quaker. These tiers determine your daily earning limit and access to additional features.
- Motivation to walk: Sweatcoin serves as a powerful motivator to get people up and moving. The prospect of earning rewards provides a tangible incentive to engage in physical activity.
- Variety of rewards: The app’s rewards marketplace offers a wide range of options, catering to different interests and preferences. Whether you’re into fitness, tech gadgets, or discounts at local restaurants, you’ll likely find something appealing.
- Social element: Users can connect with friends and family on the app, creating friendly competitions and challenges to further boost motivation.
- Outdoor steps only: Sweatcoin only tracks outdoor steps, which means activities like running on a treadmill or using a stationary bike won’t count towards your Sweatcoin earnings.
- Battery drain: The app’s use of GPS and constant step tracking can be a significant drain on your smartphone’s battery, particularly on longer walks.
- Conversion rate variability: The conversion rate of steps to Sweatcoins can vary based on your subscription level and other factors, which may lead to confusion and inconsistency in earnings.
- Privacy concerns: Some users have expressed concerns about the app’s access to location data, as Sweatcoin requires access to your phone’s GPS to track outdoor steps accurately.
Is Sweatcoin legit & safe?
Sweatcoin has gained a reputation as a legitimate app, mainly because it delivers on its promise to reward users for walking outdoors.
In terms of safety, Sweatcoin has not been associated with any major security breaches or risks. However, there are some considerations to ensure your safety while using the app:
- Battery Usage: Sweatcoin’s use of GPS and constant step tracking can consume a significant amount of your smartphone’s battery. It’s advisable to monitor your battery usage while using the app, especially on longer walks.
- Permissions: Ensure that you carefully review and understand the permissions the app requests when you install it. Granting location access is essential for accurate step tracking but can also raise privacy concerns.
- User Reviews: Reading user reviews and experiences can provide valuable insights into the app’s safety and functionality. Keep an eye out for any red flags or common issues reported by users.
Alternative apps that pay users to walk
The Sweatcoin app rewards users for their outdoor steps by converting them into a digital currency called Sweatcoins. Users can redeem these Sweatcoins for a variety of rewards.
However, If you’re looking for alternative apps that reward you for your walking efforts, here are a few options:
- Achievement: Achievement is an app that pays users for various healthy activities, including walking, exercising, and tracking their nutrition. Users earn points that can be converted into cash or donated to charities.
- Lympo: Lympo combines fitness with blockchain technology, rewarding users for completing walking and running challenges. Users earn Lympo tokens that can be used to purchase fitness gear, health products, or even exchanged for cryptocurrencies.
- FitPotato: FitPotato encourages users to meet their daily step goals by allowing them to earn potatoes (virtual currency) that can be used to enter prize draws for gift cards and other rewards.
- Charity Miles: This app pays users to walk, run, or bike, and allows them to choose a charity to support with their miles. Corporate sponsors donate to the chosen charities based on the distance covered by users.
Whether your motivation is fitness, philanthropy, or simply earning rewards, these apps provide unique ways to make every step count.
Sweatcoin is a unique and innovative app that successfully blends fitness tracking with cryptocurrency rewards. It has motivated many users to adopt a more active lifestyle and offers a variety of enticing rewards in exchange for physical activity. If you’re a fan of app which rewards users to do exercises, run or walk then you could definitely give Sweatcoin a try.
The rewards might not worth much financially, but could act as a great motivation for more walking each day. Moreover, they could make your outside walking more fun and exciting. However, it’s essential to consider the potential drawbacks, such as limited indoor activity tracking and privacy concerns, before committing to the app.