These days wireless headsets are among the most necessary office electronics for any thriving professional business. Here we review and compare wireless headset systems made by one of the best-selling brands in this category: Plantronics.
Plantronics wireless headsets
Those looking to replace older wireless headsets or buy a new system altogether, could have a great choice when selecting Plantronics CS510, CS520, CS530 or CS540. Depending on the favorite model, over-the-head or over-the-air design, customers could opt for CS510/520 or CS530/540 models respectively.
Plantronics CS series have offered a range of great features over the years which could be seen now in these newer models.
Looking pretty slick, while ensuring privacy and eliminating wireless interference due to DECT technology are among the key features of these wireless headset systems.
In addition, users could enjoy the up to 350 feet wireless range and up to 9 hours of talk time.
This wireless freedom could be completed with HL10 Handset Lifter allowing to answer phone calls and hang up without the need to be at desk.
- 1 year warranty
- Long lasting battery – to conserver battery life, an energy efficient adaptive power system has been used by the headset providing a talk time which could last up to 9 hours.
- Sleek & lightweight design – answering calls or ending them could be easily done through one touch controls. Using them, the volume could be adjusted or muted as well. Users could hardly find a lighter DECT headset elsewhere other than this comfortable headset with sleek design.
- Superior range – no matter how far (up to 350 feet) a person is from her/his desk, a clear communication is made possible by DECT 6.0 technology, which provides a great wireless multitasking feature. For easier collaboration, conference with up to 3 extra headsets is enabled by the system for users.
- High quality – more natural and clearer voices is allowed due to using enhanced Digital Signal Processing and noise-cancelling technology, offering wideband audio quality.
- Sleek magnetic charging base
The box (CS510/CS520) includes a quick start guide, telephone interface cable, base power supply, charging base, over-the-head headband and a monaural headset.
In order to answer or end desk phone calls remotely, users could use Handset Lifter or Electronic Hookswitch Cable. Please note that these items are not included with Plantronics wireless headsets and should be purchased separately.
CS510 vs CS520 vs CS530 vs CS540
The main differences between Plantronics headsets are their designs and, therefore, how much they weigh in addition to the provided talk time.
For more information on Plantronics CS510 headset with 9-hour talk time and 72-gram weight please visit https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-CS510-Over-Head-monaural/dp/B005HRZPY2 (check exact price).
Plantronics CS520 is almost the same as CS510 with one key difference: CS520 is binaural whereas the 510 model is monaural.
To check out more details and pricing info on CS520 (which weighs 94 grams) please see https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Binaural-Wireless-Headset-System/dp/B005HS5JJW.
On the other hand, users which prefer over-the-air headsets might be more comfortable with Plantronics CS530 and CS540.
These wireless headsets offer the same features as the ones provided by previously mentioned Plantronics headsets, but with different designs.
CS530 box comes with quick start guide, telephone interface cable, 5 eartips, power supply, base and the wireless headset system.
Purchasing CS530 or reading more reviews could be done using https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-CS530-Wireless-Extended-Microphone/dp/B0082DCPQ4.
The last item on our list is Plantronics CS540 wireless headset which provides a 7-hour talk time and weighs only 21 grams.
No matter whether it is over-the-air or over-the-head that is the needed wearing style, users could get what they want using the headband or ear loops which come with CS540 headset.
Additional details could be found at https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-PL-CS540-Plantronics-CS540-Convertible-Wireless/dp/B005HS5MKS.
There is another CS540 version which comes with Handset Lifter. It could be found on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-CS540-Wireless-Headset-Handset/dp/B006GQHRU8.
HL10 Handset Lifter by Plantronics could also be bought separately from https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-HL10-Handset-Lifter/dp/B0006B088W.