Bikers riding Masi Gran Corsa bikes could be sure that their valuable efforts would be translated into measureable performance because of the great quality, strength and design of the bikes manufactured by Masi Bikes Company. Here we review one of the most popular models – Masi Gran Corsa 105.
Usually, most people looking to buy Masi bike are pro bikers. But even those sometimes need some type of guide or tutorial so that they could better choose the right bike.
So, especially for a beginner biker, these three main items should be considered when deciding to buy a road bike:
- Frame material – steel, aluminum and sometimes carbon are common material used for road bike frames. Each has their own benefits and costs. Masi bikes’ frames are made from special Masi alloy or carbon fiber.
- Gears (Transmission) – depending on the back cassette cogs number, a Masi road bike’s transmission could be from 8-speed to 11-speed.
- Wheelset – the best brands such as Mercury and DT-Swiss are used by Masi for its bikes.
While browsing bicycles on Masi Bikes website, we encounter different bike categories such as Fixed series, Strada Vita series, Adventure series, Cross series, Vivo series and Performance series.
For more than 90 years, performance level racing bikes have been designed and manufactured by Maci, according to the official site.
Other than Gran Corsa, other bikes in the Performance series include Superare International, Caffe Corsa, Volare, Vincere Disc, Alare Disc and Inizio.
As a road bike for different situations, Masi Gran Corsa could be used for a long-distance Grand Fondo to test the biker’s endurance or for his/her first biking race.
There are a few numbers of very alike models of Masi Gran Corsa bikes: 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017. Putting enough time into it, those who are interested in comparing different features and specifications – in many cases very small differences – could visit masibikes.com website and check out the details for themselves.
Here we review the 2016 model in the Gran Corsa bike series.
Features (Masi Gran Corsa 105/2016)
- DT-Swiss rims, hubs & QR
- Ritchey stem & handlebar
- Shimano speed cassette, speed shifters (11-speed), levers and derailleurs
- FSA Gossamer crankset
- Masi carbon integrated fork, alloy steerer & double-butted alloy frame
More detailed features could be found in the following specs section:
Specifications (Masi Gran Corsa 105)
- Intended use: recreational, endurance, road sport, road race
- Saddle: Masi SLS
- Seat clamp: 31.8mm alloy clamp
- Seatpost: Ritchey 2-Bolt alloy
- Bar tape: Masi embossed tape
- Stem: Ritchey 4-AXIS 84/6D
- Handlebar: Ritchey ROAD Comp Evo curve
- Tires: Kenda Kountach 25c 60tpi
- Wheelset: DT-Swiss R460 23mm deep rims
- Brakes: Tektro R340 dual pivot
- Cassette: Shimano 5800 11-28t 11-speed
- Chain: KMC X-11
- Bottom bracket: FSA BB-AL-86 sealed cartridge
- Crankset: FSA Gossamer 52/36t
- Front/Rear derailleurs: Shimano 105
- Shifters: Shimano 105 11 speed
- Headset: FSA Orbit Integrated
- Fork: Masi Elite/RS carbon integrated
- Frame: Masi MA6 double-butted alloy – internal cable routing – integrated tapered headtube
- Weight: TBD
Key improved features in Gran Corsa 2017 include:
- M 3D forged alloy cockpit
- Tektro direct mount brakes
- Praxis Works Alba 52/36t crankset
- Masi Race Tuned Carbon fork (tapered full carbon)
- Masi Race Tuned Alloy (all-new) alloy frame
Other than eBay, which contains different Masi bikes in various states from almost new to used and repaired, other main websites listing Masi Gran Corsa for sale are Masi Bikes (the official website) and Jenson USA.
Now, when buying bikes from Masi Bikes website, it tries to connect users with local stores so the actual purchase would take place at somewhere else.
Currently, the MSRP for Gran Corsa 2016 and 2017 models are respectively about $1,300 and $1,400.
On the other hand, bikers could easily buy the Gran Corsa 2016 or 105 from Jenson USA website for $799 and save about 40%. (Check out the current price)
Please note that the only available color for 2016/2017 models is Black/Red.